- Staffordshire bull terriers were kept in cages and owned by private breeder
- Breeder Amanda Hart’s house was also burnt down in the blaze
- One man had to be physically restrained from running into the blaze
- The wooden structure was already well alight when firefighters arrived
- A team of 18 tackled the blaze but could not save any of the animals
- Cause unknown, but dogs believed to have died after inhaling toxic fumes
- Comes just days after 60 dogs were killed in Manchester Dogs’ Home fire
Up to 25 dogs have been killed in Hornsea, east Yorkshire after a fire at the home of Amanda Hart last night
Up to 25 dogs and puppies have been killed in a huge blaze at a breeder’s home in Yorkshire just days after more than 50 were killed in a similar fire in Manchester.
The Staffordshire bull terriers were kept in cages at the…
View original post 810 more words
~~September 21, 2014~~
I have lost count of how many of those I thought were friends really weren’t.
I consider myself to be quite the social person. I always like to be “out there” …. since my school, high school, college and postgraduate years. I consider myself to be “a ham, the life of the party, funny, full of mischief and a true friend”.
It seems that as the years have gone by this has changed. I must say that it’s really not because of me because my basic tendencies and the real me … all that was before is still there.
Somehow things have changed. I think what has changed are those around me.
Maybe you’d say I chose those who were around me and are not anymore. I would say that this is correct. However, it seems to me that some people are changing or maybe my values…
View original post 33 more words
I promise to all the children everywhere
That I commit to peace in our amazing world
Whenever I have a thought of war I’ll fluff my hair
Replace it with a stronger thought of gold
Golden peace that is, of love as I care
I care for all black, red, brown, also young or old
I will daily work on my inner and outer my share
Young ones, you deserve peace despite what your told
There are so many reasons for us to heal the tear
In the fabric of our society with our hands to hold
Embracing one another run free like a wild mare
Children of the world to you I pledge to eradicate the cold
This poem takes concepts and phraseology from the Baha’i Faith.
Happy International Day of Peace!